background image

Find Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns Revolvers and more Guns for sale online at Firearm Connection       

Firearm Connection, Inc.

Firearm Connection - FAQs

How do I list an item for sale?
You must be Registered and logged in to List an item. Once Logged in, you will click on the “sell an item” button located on top right of screen. From there various screens will pop up asking you to categorize your item. This will then take you to the page to fill out the details of your item and auction. a.Item Title b.Item description c.Upload Images d.Payment and shipping information e.Price (quantity, starting bid, reserve prices, Buy Now) Upon completing, click the “submit auction” button to finalize your listing.
What can I sell?
We permit the sale of any or all firearms, accessories, apparel, archery and any other item that pertains to firearms. Example: guns, ammunition, scopes, shooting glasses, gun safe, etc.
How long can I list an item for?
When creating a listing to sell an item, you have the option to choose the length of your option from 3 days to 30 days (1 month).
What does it cost to list an item?
NOTHING…..It is free of charge to list an item. When the item sells we charge a final value fee that is based on the selling price of the item. You can enhance the basic listing with special features designed to offer premium placement and draw more attention to the listing. We charge no 'insertion' fees to create a listing.
Can I delete an auction after it started?
Yes, but if the auction has been live for a minimum of thirty minutes any fees associated with this specific auction will not be credited back to the account.
How do I contact the highest bidder of an auction?
When viewing the live auction, you will locate the “Highest bidder” text, right next to the picture of the item. From there you will look to the right of the “Highest bidder” text and click on the user’s name. This will open another window that will display the user’s profile. On the top right corner an icon titled “Contact (username)” will appear. Click on this icon and a message box will appear.
Can I edit my listing?
If an item has not been bid on, you can edit the item listing. You can change the pricing information, move the item to a different category, or upgrade your listing to use some of our optional services.
Can I add to my listing?
You can always add to an item listing, whether the item has been bid on or not. You can add a picture or additional information at any time. Your additions will be clearly time and date stamped. You should not use this to try to substantially alter your listing; doing so will make the listing invalid.
What if I have a problem with my buyer?
You should send the buyer clear instructions on making payment. Always include your name, address, phone number, and the item number of the listing, the name of our site (, and your email address. Clearly state what forms of payment (check, money order, etc) are acceptable. If the item is a firearm, remind the buyer that he must send you a copy of his transfer dealer's FFL license, signed in blue or red ink. If you require proof of age for non-firearm items, request that information. a. Once payment has been made, you can ship the item. Please refer to our Firearm Shipping Guide for instructions on ways to ship firearms, ammunition, and other special items. b. If you cannot get in touch with the buyer within the five-day window, you do not receive payment in a timely fashion, or you are having some other problem with the buyer, please email, and we will help you get the issue resolved.
Can I relist an item that did not sell?
Items that did not sell can be relisted free of charge at the same level of options. We offer multiple ways for you to relist items that did not sell.
What do I do once my item is sold?
An automated email will be sent to the buyer once the auction has ended. However, it is the seller’s responsibility to contact the buyer and arrange delivery of item to buyers requested FFL/address. a. From the time the item listing closes, you have a maximum of five (5) days to contact the buyer at the email address located in the notification email. The buyer must contact you within the same five days. If you do not receive a response from the buyer see the information on:
Can I end an auction early?
Yes, you can end an auction early if no bids have been placed. Ending an auction early is not a good idea since many bidders wait until the last minute to place a bid. A seller can only end an auction early if there is not a bid on the item or the highest bid does not meet the Reserve Price (if applicable).
Is it legal to ship my firearm?
a. Here at FIREARM CONNECTION we recommend it is best to always ship any firearm transaction through your local F.F.L. Dealer. They are trained to follow ATF guidelines and once you have signed the gun into them then you are no longer responsible. For exact rules via the A.T.F click on the link below THE FOLLOWING WAS TAKEN FROM THE A.T.F. GUIDELINESB. UNLICENSED PERSONS (B1) To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA? A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30] (B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30] (B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser's own State? A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)] (B4) May an unlicensed person obtain ammunition from an out-of-State source? Yes, provided he or she is not a person prohibited from possessing or receiving ammunition.[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n)] (B5) Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition? Yes, a person who – (1) Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year; (2) Is a fugitive from justice; (3) Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance; (4) Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution; (5) Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa; (6) Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; (7) Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship; (8) Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or (9) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (10) Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm. A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm. Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information. [18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32] (B6) Do law enforcement officers who are subject to restraining orders and who receive and possess firearms for purposes of carrying out their official duties violate the law? Not if the firearms are received and possessed for official use only. The law prohibits persons subject to certain restraining orders from receiving, shipping, transporting or possessing firearms or ammunition. To be disabling, the restraining order must: 1. specifically restrain the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an "intimate partner" of the person (e.g., spouse); 2. be issued after a hearing of which notice was given to the person and at which the person had an opportunity to participate; and 3. include a finding that the person subject to the order represents a credible threat to the "intimate partner" or child of the "intimate partner" OR explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of force against the partner. However, the GCA has an exception for the receipt and possession of firearms and ammunition on behalf of a Federal or State agency. Therefore, the GCA does not prohibit a law enforcement officer under a restraining order from receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition for use in performing official duties. Possession of the firearm for official purposes while off duty would be lawful if such possession is required or authorized by law or by official departmental policy. An officer subject to a disabling restraining order would violate the law if the officer received or possessed a firearm or ammunition for other than official use. (See Question Q13 on officers' receipt and possession of firearms and ammunition after a conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. The government exception does not apply to such convictions.) [18 U.S.C. 921(a)(32), 922(g)(8) and 925(a)(1)] (B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service? A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. [18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)] (B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30] (B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity? Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm. (B10) May a person who is relocating out of State move firearms with other household goods? Yes. A person who lawfully possesses a firearm may transport or ship the firearm interstate when changing his or her State of residence. Certain NFA firearms must have prior approval from the Bureau of ATF before they may be moved interstate. The person must notify the mover that firearms are being transported. He or she should also check State and local laws where relocating to ensure that movement of firearms into the new State does not violate any State law or local ordinance. [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(4) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.28 and 478.31] (B11) What constitutes residency in a State? The State of residence is the State in which an individual is present; the individual also must have an intention of making a home in that State. A member of the Armed Forces on active duty is a resident of the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located. If a member of the Armed Forces maintains a home in one State and the member's permanent duty station is in a nearby State to which he or she commutes each day, then the member has two States of residence and may purchase a firearm in either the State where the duty station is located or the State where the home is maintained. An alien who is legally in the United States is considered to be a resident of a State only if the alien is residing in that State and has resided in that State continuously for a period of at least 90 days prior to the date of sale of the firearm. See also Item 5, "Sales to Aliens in the United States," in the General Information section of this publication. [18 U.S.C. 921(b), 922(a) (3), and 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.11] (B12) May a person (who is not an alien) who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a handgun in either State? If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a handgun in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not qualify the person to purchase a handgun in that State. [27 CFR 478.11] (B13) May aliens legally in the United States buy firearms? An alien legally in the U.S. may acquire firearms if he has a State of residence. An alien has a State of residence only if he is residing in that State and has resided in a State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the purchase. An alien acquiring firearms from a licensee is required to prove both his identity, by presenting a government-issued photo identification, and his residency with substantiating documentation showing that he has resided in the State continuously for the 90-day period prior to the purchase. Examples of qualifying documentation to prove residency include: utility bills, lease agreements, credit card statements, and pay stubs from the purchaser's place of employment, if such documents include residential addresses. See also Item 5, "Sales to Aliens in the United States," in the General Information section of this publication. [18 U.S.C. 921, 922(b)(3), (d) and (g), 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.99(a)] (B14) May a parent or guardian purchase firearms or ammunition as a gift for a juvenile (less than 18 years of age)? Yes. However, possession of handguns by juveniles (less than 18 years of age) is generally unlawful. Juveniles generally may only receive and possess handguns with the written permission of a parent or guardian for limited purposes, e.g., employment, ranching, farming, target practice or hunting. [18 U.S.C. 922(x)] (B15) Are curio or relic firearms exempt from the provisions of the GCA? No. Curios or relics are still firearms subject to the provisions of the GCA; however, curio or relic firearms may be transferred in interstate commerce to licensed collectors or other licensees. (B16) What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction? When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. A private person may sell a firearm to another private individual in his or her State of residence and, similarly, a private individual may buy a firearm from another private person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are "same-State" residents. Of course, the transferor/seller may not knowingly transfer a firearm to someone who falls within any of the categories of prohibited persons contained in the GCA. See 18 U.S. C. §§ 922(g) and (n). However, as stated above, there are no GCA-required records to be completed by either party to the transfer. There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements. Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer's State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.
How do I edit my listing?
Once you are logged in, from the Home page select MY PROFILE, Then SELLING, ACTIVE AUCTIONS, From the List of all Active Listings you are able to click on the EDIT ICON. Your listing will appear and allow you to make changes. If the item has been BID on you will be unable to change the listing.
How do I Showcase my item?
When you are listing a item for sale, under the "SELL ITEM" tab, At the bottom of the registration form there are four options that you can add to your listing to enhance the viewing of your item. SHOWCASE LISTING is the best option to ensure your listing is seen by all users. This option will place your item on the HOME page and at the TOP of all listings. This option is only $2.00.
How do I relist an item?
To relist an item simply follow these directions: Click on "My Profile"> "Selling" > "My Closed Listings" > Then click on the "relist" button next to the listing you would like to relist > "Process Selected Auctions"
How do I check my current, pending, closed and/or suspended listings?
Click on My Profile...Selling... Click on the link according to the listing you would like to check (Current, Pending, Closed, Suspended Listing)
How do I check my sold item(s)?
Click on My Profile...Selling...ťSold Items.